Public relations (PR) is a means for corporations or people to build or enhance their reputation.
Public Relations usually involves communicating with and through the media to present the clients in the most favorable way possible. The goal of public relations by a company is to persuade the public, investors, partners, staff and other stakeholders to maintain some perspective about his leadership, products or decisions.
o Organization Skills
o Excellent Communication Skills
o Negotiation Skills
o Analytical Skills
o Ability to work under extreme pressure
Opportunities in the field of Public Relations
- Hospitality industry
- Private and Public Sectors
- Consultancy firms
- Banks etc.
Institutions for Learning
1. Xavier Institute of Mass Communication, Mumbai
2. Harkisan Mehta Foundation Institute of Journalism and Mass Communication, Mumbai
3. National Institute for Media Studies, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad
4. Indian Institute for Learning and Advanced Development(INLEAD), Gurgaon, Haryana
5. Indian School of Public Relations, New Delhi
6. Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune
7. Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi.
8. Smt. B.M Ruia Girls College, Mumbai