Forensic Science or Forensics involves investigating a crime by applying a broad spectrum of scientific principles.
Forensic experts help in establishing facts related to a crime scene.
- Collect evidence in the form of fingerprints, body fluids, hair, tissue samples etc.
- Work in close co-ordination with the police, defense and prosecution attorneys, CBI etc and aid in their investigation.
- Testify as expert witness in the court of law.
- Help in civil cases like proving the validity of signature on a will, cause of a fire or road accident etc.
Forensic science is a rewarding career where the love of science can be applied to the good of society.
- Good communication skills - may need to present evidence in court
- Ability to interpret scientific results
- Eye for detail
- Excellent Analytical & Organization skills
- Logical and Methodical
- Team Player
Some Forensic Disciplines
- Digital Forensics
- Forensic Dentistry or Odontology
- Forensic Pathology
- Forensic Psychology
- B.Sc in Forensic Science
- M.Sc in Forensic Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Digital and Cyber Forensic and Related Law.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Forensic Science
- M.A in Criminology
- Institute of Forensic Science, Mumbai
- Asian School of Cyber Laws, Pune
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, New Delhi
- University of Madras
- Jain University, Bengaluru
- Government Institute of Forensic Science, Aurangabad
- Dr. Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh
- Sam Higginbottom Institute, Allahabad
- Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Institute of Forensic Science and Criminology, Bundelkhand University, Jhansi
- St. Xavier's College, Mumbai (Certificate Course in Forensic Science)