Chemical engineering is the branch of engineering that applies the concepts of chemistry, physics, life sciences (e.g. biology, microbiology and biochemistry) together with mathematics to processes that convert raw materials or chemicals into more useful forms.
The curriculum of study for chemical engineering is similar to that for chemistry but includes course work in engineering-related areas such as thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, process design and control.
Chemical engineers are involved in
· Making chemicals and pharmaceuticals
· Processing polymers and foodstuffs
· Energy generation
· Waste water treatment
. Environmental clean-up
- Petroleum refineries
- Pharmaceutical industries
A strong interest in chemistry, mathematics and physics.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Should be willing to work with teams.
- Indian Institute of Technology (Mumbai, Roorkee, Chennai, Guwahati, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Kharagpur)
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science - BITS (Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad)
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
- National Institute of Technology (Warangal, Surathkal,Tiruchirapalli, Raipur, Calicut, Rourkela)
- BMS College of Engineering, Bengaluru
- R.V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- Nirma Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), Allahabad
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata