The Master of Business Administration (MBA) attracts people from a wide range of academic disciplines. Every year, over 200,000 aspirants take admission tests like CAT (Common Admission Test), CMAT (Common Management Admission Test conducted by AICTE), XAT (Xavier Aptitude test conducted by XLRI), SNAP(Symbiosis National Aptitude Test from Symbiosis University), MAT(Management Aptitude Test conducted quarterly by the All India Management Association in the months of February, May, September and December) and ATMA (AIMS Test for Management Admissions).
Why get an MBA degree?
- An interest in Business Administration
- To improve your profile with potential employers and for advancement
- For assuming leadership roles
- Entrepreneurship / Starting a business
Eligibility: A graduate from any recognized university with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA)]. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and are awaiting results can also apply.
Common Admission Test (CAT) - This is a computer based test that tests a student in the areas of Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning.Selection to the prestigious Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), Faculty of Management Studies(FMS) and management programs of IITs are based CAT scores. Short listed candidates have to go through Group Discussion and personal interviews before being selected for admission.
Full Time MBA programs normally take place over two academic years. The students are introduced to the core functional areas of Management such as Economics, Marketing, Finance, Operations etc. in the first year and the second year is focused on specialization. An internship could also be a part of the curriculum.
An MBA degree can help a graduate to occupy upper management positions. The candidate may not start out in such a position, but certainly has the advantage to move up the career ladder faster than non-MBA counterparts.
Karnataka PGCET MBA is a state level entrance exam (paper-pencil mode) conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority. Candidates who successfully clear the exam can secure their respective seats at University Post Graduate Centers, University Departments and Government aided as well as private institutes located within Karnataka.
The eligibility criteria for PGCET Full-time MBA is as follows:
- The candidate must have secured a recognised bachelor’s degree (3 years minimum duration) or should have passed an equivalent examination with an aggregate 0f at least 50% marks in all the subjects during each year of their degree course.
- Candidates belonging to SC, ST, and Category-I of Karnataka should have attained 45% marks in the qualifying examination
Some Areas Of Specialization
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Hospitality Management
- Operations Management
Career Options for Management Graduates
- Management Consultant
- Product Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Credit Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Lucknow, Indore, Kozhikode, Tiruchirappalli
- Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi
- XLRI School of Business and Human Resources, Jamshedpur
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai
- Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
- Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli
- Department of Management Studies, NIT Trichy
- S.P Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal, Karnataka
- Loyola Institute Of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai
- Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship (XIME) - Bengaluru, Kochi and Chennai
- Department of Management Studies (IIT Delhi, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee)
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- National Institute of Agriculture Extension Management (MANAGE), Hyderabad
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai
- Prin L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research (WeSchool) - Mumbai, Bengaluru