Animation & Visual Effects
Visual Effects or VFX involves creation of images and sequences for movies, TV, video games, websites and commercials.
Visual effects can create things like eruption of volcanoes, fire, a cast of thousand people belonging to a different era etc. eliminating the need for expensive sets.
Animation is the rapid display of a sequence of images of 2-D or 3-D artwork in order to create an illusion of movement. Animated content can be found in movies, on television, Ad campaigns, Gaming, Website Development etc.
India is relatively a newcomer in the Animation industry. Pune is competing with Hyderabad and Mumbai to be the country's animation hub. Anirights Infomedia Ltd and Anibrain Digital Technologies Ltd have set up high-end digital animation studios in Pune.
Key Skills include
- A combination of art, Math and computer knowledge.
- Innovative skills
- Ability to adapt to emerging technologies
- Excellent Organization skills
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- B.Sc in Digital VFX Film Making
- B.Sc in Digital Animation Film Making
- Animation and Multimedia Design
- Advanced Diploma in Animation Film Making
- Diploma courses in 2D and 3D Animation
- B.Sc in Digital Media
Institutions for Learning
- Jain University, Bengaluru
- Acharya School of Design, Bengaluru
- Manipal University
- Reliance Animation Infotainment and Media School, Pune
- Whistling Woods International School of Animation, Mumbai
- Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics*
- Asian Institute of Gaming & Animation, Bengaluru
- Arena Animation*
- Amaze College of Animation and Technology with centres at Chennai, Chidambaram and Puducherry
- AJK Mass Communication and Research Centre, New Delhi
- Zee Institute of Creative Art *
* located all over India